Saturday, September 27, 2008

3 New Tricks

It's an energetic fun time in our house right now. Not only has Eva's speech skyrocketed since school started a few weeks ago (she sometimes speaks in short, complete sentences), but she has three pretty cool new tricks.

1. Suddenly, she likes to eat whole pasta and vegetables with some kind of saucy/buttery stuff to hold it together. This is a MAJOR accomplishment for a kid who didn't want to eat anything wet if it wasn't smushed. And she's eating it with a fork!! Chewing, swallowing, no choking and asking for more.

2. Eva's been arranging things (cups, crackers, blocks) into the shape of a face. "Nose...eye...eye...ear...ear..." What a huge thing to be able to visualize something in her head, and manipulate things to make that thing in front of her!! Genius!

3. Now, this one is HUGE HUGE...Eva is W-A-L-K-I-N-G!! She's been taking 4-6 steps between people for a few months, and now she's going all over the house. Like, from the bookcases, around the couch, steps over a toy and goes to the table! All on her own! Or down the hallway, thru her bedroom door, around some clutter and over to her bed! From the car, thru the garage to the door to the house! Sure, she still walks with her arms cocked out to the sides at odd angles and I try to not hold my breath watching her but I must say, I'm am beyond giddy. This is such a big deal. I'll post a video of it when I get one.

2 comments:

amy and mighty max said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING! Congratulations to all of you...truly amazing progress.

She always greets me and Max with a smile when I put him on the bus and of course sweetly says "Max"...sweetly and so proudly! Love that girl! :)

Congrats again on everything....HUGE HUGE HUGE is right.

Love, Amy and Max

Syl said...

Way to go young lady! And we can't wait to see your tricks first hand this Thanksgiving!