Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Summer Vacation...by Eva (as told to Mommy)


Well, now that the weather has turned soggy and dark and I'm back in school again, it's time to reminisce about my summer vacation...

Mommy and I spent several days visiting Uncle Tommy at the beach. It was like a big sandbox and I loved to play in it and watch the waves...I helped Mommy tend to her roses...and rode my bike in the driveway... I took my very first sailboat ride. I liked it pretty well and want to go again...I was very busy helping Mommy cook in the kitchen with my "stand up" chair...We had our yearly visit with a lot of family from my Grandpa Moen's side. Mommy's cousin and kids came all the way from China! My Great Uncle Allen is a lot sillier than people think he is...Mommy and Daddy took me to watch a softball game. That was the greatest thing ever! I LOVE sports!! Oh! And the Olympics were on TV! I LOVED the Olympics--especially swimming and diving...Mommy bought me a new flower sprinkler so I conducted many physics experiments with it in my pool...Mommy and I had a picnic at Hovander Park...and she taught me how to use the camera. See? Daddy and I went with Mommy to get another tattoo...I figured out how to use my stool to reach the light switch!And I played at the park with my friends; visited my Papa, Lala, Grandma, Eric, Uncle Brent, Aunt Caasi, Cousin Porter; learned how to say my name and my Mom and Dad's names; and learned thousands of little things about the world. AND, most exciting, I am walking all by myself! My record is 13 steps, unassisted. I still prefer to scoot, but I can stand up from the ground and walk and can creep around furniture. I'm still a little nervous about it all, but everyone gets really excited when I do it, so I guess I'll keep doing it!

I'm a busy little girl and I had a busy, fun summer. Now I'm back in school and I'm a constant chatterbox and curious little girl. I hope you had a fun summer, too!

3 comments:

Syl said...

Ah, summertime! And here comes the Autumn Equinox... I can't wait to see Eva plucking through colorful leaves and carving pumpkins!

Anonymous said...

Eva, you are getting to be such a big grown-up girl, with very diverse language. I am so impressed by your constant changes. And, you are a special part of my life that I look forward too every week. We are all so lucky! Colin is glad to have you back in our lives every couple of days. I can't wait for your next blog! Great shots, all of you!

Darcy and Colin

Sandi said...

Oh what a wonderful summer Miss Eva! I love every picture :) Especially your lil' tush in the last one.

And my goodness, 13 steps?? That is WONDERFUL!!!! The boat ride looked like fun to us.

Take care and have fun at school.

Sandi