Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Peacock Lady

Eva has been really enjoying "The Violin Show", as she calls it. It's a DVD of an Andre Rieu concert in Vienna with the symphony, opera singers, and ballet and folk dancers. It's a lot of fun. Eva's favorite piece is "the peacock lady". It's Carla Maffioletti singing "Mein Herr Marquis" from Strauss' Die Fledermaus. (You can search youtube for a clip of this). She tries to sing along, which is SO cute. She even calls the "peacock lady" on her play phone. They laugh. So this video is of Eva singing opera for a bit. She sings and dances along to the other performers, too, but this is clearly her favorite.


7 comments:

amy and mighty max said...

soooooooooooooooooooo adorable! she amazes me each and every day!

thanks for sharing :)

Sandi said...

Precious! I am not sure which part of that video to be more excited about; singing too opera, knowing that it is the peacock lady, saying very clearly the word "peacock", WALKING, saying cheese right into the camera.....
Accomplishments galore.

I rewatched it three times!

Oh Eva you are just a gem. What a beautiful little girl you are becoming. Not so much a baby or a toddler anymore. Geez, you know your opera!

Dylan and Family said...

SOOOOO cute!! I loved the singing and can't believe how clearly she enunciates "peacock".

Eva, you are too cute for words. Also, I loved hearing about you walking down the school hallway all by yourself. Pretty cool and what a great accomplishment.

Love to you all.

Kristy

Syl said...

Yay! We miss the peacock lady here! We miss Eva!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! I must've watched it four times and I already saw it at your house! TOO COOL!

Gretchen said...

Hey, that's great- what really stood out for me was watching Eva get up and wander over to you like it was no big thing- go Eva!!

sunshine glynn said...

Um...this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Seeing your house makes me want one of Jerry's mochas. Mmmm mochas.