Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!



"Ack, Mama! It's snowing and I can't see!"

We've had snow all week. At times, though, the temps have been so low and the wind so fierce that we couldn't go out to play. We managed a couple of times and Eva and I had fun. I'm glad I can still feel the wonder of the snowfall as a child does. The way it transforms my otherwise ordinary yard, my street, my world. I'm glad I appreciate it when it's here, before it goes away and my world becomes ordinary again.

Eva was too busy uncovering her sandbox to look at the camera.

It's serious work. No distractions, please.

My snow fairy. I went first to show her how. She thought it was very silly!

She did a snow fairy, too. But she didn't want to lay on her back, so it's a reclined snow fairy.

3 comments:

Cadence and her family live in said...

Pretty cute....... Ready for more?

Dylan and Family said...

I love the reclining snow fairy. Very cute and looks like she enjoyed the snow.

Kristy

Sandi said...

So cute! And I agree about appreciating the snow thru a child's eyes.