Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Joys

Happy New Year, everyone!

We three spent nine days with family in the south Sound. It was so wonderful to get out of town, away from domestic responsibilities and work and relax with family and friends. We're glad to be home now--sorta--and getting back into our routine--sorta--in time for school and work next week.

We hope you had a great holiday, too!

Eva's favorite presents included (but are not limited to) a kid's digital camera (seen here backward)...

...and bongos!

Eva loves to play the piano at my mom's house. This video was a sneaky attempt to capture her musical genius. If she saw me with the camera, she'd stop playing and yell at me. So I put the camera on the edge of the counter, pushed the button and stepped back. Next time, I'll get another angle so you can see her more clearly, but this was better than nothing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the pause and wait for applause moment. Then she turns the page and continues...SO great! Our little concert pianist!

Dylan and Family said...

Ok....the piano video is adorable. I also loved that she paused, turned a page, and then played on. Eva sincerely never ceases to amaze me. That was so cute I had to watch a few times.

Happy New Year.

Kristy

amy and mighty max said...

I think our two kiddos might have a musical career together! Max loves, loves, loves my mom's piano too. And he was really, really good! I can just see them sitting side by side entertaining thousands!!!

sunshine glynn said...

You can tell she is a genius because she isn't pounding...she's "twinkling" the keys.