Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sunny San Diego




The three of us and Jerry's parents spent a long weekend at a gorgeous resort in San Diego. It felt sooooo good to be in the warm sunshine and to go outside with just a t-shirt on! We went to Sea World two of the days. Eva loved to see all the animals (and run around and play with other kids). If you ask her, she'll sign whale and tell you that the whales go "big spwash!!" She told me as soon as we got into Sea World that she wanted to see starfish. Though she loved the orca whales, dolphins and all the fish, her favorite thing to see were the starfish.

Eva and her Papa splashing in puddles.

Jerry, Eva and Papa doing "1, 2, 3, whee!" There was a LOT of this game on the trip. To the point where two people couldn't hold her hands without her kicking her knees up and dangling from our arms.

Quick-moving kid in a tunnel at Sea World.

Eva loved being able to run around and play with other kids.

A very friendly older girl helped Eva touch a beloved starfish! Oh, it was so exciting! And yes, she actually touched it!

6 comments:

Syl said...

How fun! Are those palm trees in the background?! Luck-ckeeee!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a nice time! And whoop-pee to Eva for touching the slimy sea creatures!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I bet you didn't want to leave the sunshine. I really enjoyed the story of Eva that you left me on the guestbook. I started laughing. It's good to hear that other moms go through the silly stuff too!

Erin said...

Hi Eva and Family!

I've been following your blog for a long time and really admire your heart for special needs children and enjoy reading your daily adventures. Just wanted to introduce myself and invite you to come explore my blog. I promise you'll be seeing more updates from me in a few hours! :)

Sandi said...

Oh Eva it looks like you are having lots of fun. What an incredible treat to go to Seaworld. Have lots of fun!

sunshine glynn said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!