Monday, January 12, 2009

Peacock Lady, continued

An update on the Peacock Lady post: In the video, the singer wears a big, dark blue cape that she theatrically flips around during her number. Eva asked for a Peacock Lady dress, so I put a blue blanket around her shoulders and fastened it with a twix-it clip. (It looks like a superhero cape, if a child were so inclined to think of it as such. To Eva, it's a Peacock Lady Dress).

So now, wearing her blue cape, she walks around the living room, flipping the sides out dramatically and sings the Peacock Lady song as she does in the video I posted earlier. Even when the Violin Show isn't on, she'll do this. It's so dang cute I almost cry. Of course, she's a camera-shy performer so I'll have to be sneaky to get this on video--and I MUST because it is so cute.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Omg (did I really write that?) that's THE cutest thing I've heard!!

sunshine glynn said...

I need to see this in PERSON!!!

Sandi said...

Oh my! She is all about the 'effect' huh? The perfect cape, the right strut, with or without music... Oh Jerry and Kati you have a three year old going on 12. :) Enjoy every second. And when Miss Eva would like an audience, we are driving into the city for that performance. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

I will help you set up the cameras and hide them in stuffed animals. We can use my camera, your camera, and maybe even your fancy new camera when you get it. If we have three angles we're BOUND to get her Peacock Strut!!!! It MUST be caught on film!